Kuro Lala One-Shot: "Katakoi" ("Unrequited Love") by Jun Nanri


I liked this one-shot when I first looked it over, but the redraws looked daunting so it took some time to work its way through the queue.  I'd like to thank Blottyparchment and Amrai for working on the translation. おつかれさまでした!There were a few tricky parts that needed second and third looks, but I think in the end, we all arrived in a good place on the translation.

I don't want to say much about this one-shot because I don't want to spoil it.  It's one of those one-shots that you need to experience for yourself, though I will say it's reminiscent of a certain movie staring Bill Murray. (Haha! I'm probably dating myself with that comment.)  I think a lot of us know what the main character Nimi is going through.  I found her feelings very easy to relate to. 

Onto the link!


Link to "Katakoi": (PDF)

Next up! will be "Twinkle Poo Story", which I now declare to be my third favorite one-shot behind "World's End Garden" and "The Wizard and the Love Potion" (well maybe tied with "Souai Metaphysica" since that one made me bawl.). That will be followed by the first chapter of very special short series called "Pochama ni". A one-shot or two may slip in before "Pochama ni".

The release schedule for July and August is posted.  We are accelerating some of our short series to get them out of the way before resuming our indefinite series.  Please be patient with us. We aren't dropping anything.  I'm just trying to clear things out so when we return to our longer series, there will be fewer distractions.


Comments

Popular Posts