This game has got me shaking hands with my own enemies

During the beginning or the middle of April, I made a bet, and I thought bet so much these past twoish three weekends.

"Please, please tell me that you didn’t sell yourself to fall in-love, again."

In the end, I lost. To make things short, Chris made this bet, because he wanted me to finally confront things that I've been running away from so long. What I have to do, since I lost, is another story.

There was a bargain, though. That even if I lost or won one person/s wouldn't be affected.

"You're what?! Sure, give up on the internship, but, no, you can't give up Oxf-fine. I'll agree to it. You're going to regret it though."

I know I never mention a lot of things about my family-- just the simple phone conversations-- because we had a falling out a couple years ago that made them, basically, disown me. Which means that I pay for everything I do(tuition, lessons, plane fees, etc.) or own(clothes, books, accessories, etc) and fend for myself. Which wasn't too hard, as most people would imagine, but it's tiring.

My parents dad knows a lot of people because of his position back in Vietnam, along with supporting all those Vietnamese events around San Jose, and when my family decided "ban" me... my half-siblings made sure I got humiliated. My father, loves and adores my sisters didn't say a word, while my mother, who married for riches, just stood on the side and watched -- but they both snickered.

"Elizabeth, I'm your best-friend. Do this for me, okay? Don't go because of this.
.......Don't leave me here."

They're my biological parents, but I've never seen them as "parents." Maybe it's because they abandon me at such a young age, and I had to grow up with a nanny. Even though my nanny was there, I always thought of myself as a orphan, who just grew up with "special" privileges. I got whatever I wanted growing up: the toys, the clothes, the electronics, but I never got what I desired.

Chris comes from a wealthy family, however, his father is a abusive drunk. I remember back during middle school there was this one day where things went too out of hand. Chris came to my house, climbed through my window, hugged me, and cried. I've never seen him--or anyone--cry like that before. He didn't have to say anything, if he did I would tell him to shut up, but I knew what happened.

It hurt so much to see him like that, he didn't need his family's bullshit, and I knew what I had to do to help him-- the only way I knew how to help.

"We'll show the world that we're worthwhile, okay?"

Since I've know Chris since the end of 5th grade/beginning of 6th grade, he knows a majority of family--or at least the people that should be known. I introduced him to my brother in-law before this family falling out. My brother in-law is a CEO for Intel, or at least he was a couple of years ago until he wanted to retire early, and he took Chris under his arm.

"You'll be fine.
You don't need me here --anymore. "

Chris was able to do things most teenagers wouldn't have access to. He actually became pretty successful for his age, too. I mean, who gets recruited to MIT during their sophomore year in high school?


Comments

Popular Posts