The cool sting slides down my throat, and my ears are momentarily deafened by the thumping playing on the stereo. My eyes sting from the wind and the sharp burn left in my mouth, I get up and stumble. I walk away, but find myself in the gritty sand, pushing into my cuts from previous falls. I take the illegal drug and suck in a deep breath. My head is spinning and now it's dark. My one glass bottle is accompanied by others, and I feel like running, like flying. The feeling crashes down and the nausea and bile rises in my throat. The tears stream down my face as I move faster towards the group of people I call friends. I expected to be comforted, shaken out of my sudden downfall. But all I get it disapproving glares, and a throbbing pain in my left leg and temple. I crouch down as they all walk off. I chug down the last salty drink and look around me. I am alone, without you even in my mind. I vomit.





Comments

Popular Posts