Day 15 — The person you miss the most

Dear Henry,

It's crazy to think we've known each other since the day we were born. You are one of the most closest and dearest friends I have, but ever since high school started we rarely talk. I guess that has to do with you going to a boarding school out of the country, while I stayed around hereish.

You know, I've always envied you. You always had everything I didn't. The family, the intelligence, the likable personality, the looks, the wealth. And you knew it too, but you were never snobby about it. Everything about you was just so perfect.

I remember when we were about eight(you were eight, I was a couple a days away from being eight)..... it was the first time someone came up to me and asked me where my parents were. At the time, it was two years in counting of not seeing my parents. Hah. I remember smiling at them and simply replying "I don't know, but they're coming back soon." As soon as I finished saying that I left. I can't remember where though. But later that night, you came over and tried to cheer me up in any way possible. It was the first time anyone has really noticed anything about me. We grew closer after that day.

I honestly don't know where I would be without you. You're there, not physically speaking, but you aren't at the same time. We haven't seen each other since high school started. I really miss my best friend. Maybe, I should fly out to where you are currently in the world (wherever that is) and see you.

Love always, Elizabeth

Comments

Popular Posts